Saturday, August 22, 2015

My go-to green smoothie

I am a smoothie fanatic. If you happen to follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that I have tons of posts filled with delicious smoothie recipes. Today I'm going to share my favorite go-to smoothie that is super easy (and out of this world) and literally takes just 2 minutes to prepare. I drink most of my smoothies as a meal for breakfast so it contains enough to fill the blender. Adjust amount to your liking.

Go-to Green Smoothie

(serves 1-4)

What you will need:


  • 4-6 ripe (spotty) banana (I like to freeze mine overnight the night before)
  • 1-2 cups frozen mango
  • 1-2 cups spinach
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 700 ml of water (this is also great with coconut water)

Directions:


  • In your vitamix or high speed blender add all ingredients except chia seeds, blend on low and gradually blend to high. 
  • Shut off blender add chia seeds and blend again. I do this so the smoothie doesn't get too thick too fast. 
  • Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment